The new iOS update 8.0.1 has some serious issues for the newest iPhones. Not only the phone looses cellular connectivity also access to TouchID features. Apple has apologised for this inconvenience on their website and promises for a fix within next few days.
Message Apple support page.
We have a workaround for you if you have an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus and you lost cellular service and Touch ID functionality today after updating to iOS 8.0.1. You can reinstall iOS 8 through iTunes by following the instructions below. We are also preparing iOS 8.0.2 with a fix for the issue, and will release it as soon as it's ready in the next few days.
It seems that the issue is a major one that will take them days to fix. Apple has provided a workaround for this. According to their website, the following steps are the only way to make your iPhone work.
Follow these steps to reinstall iOS 8.0.
- Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to iTunes.
- Back up your iPhone in iTunes on your Mac or PC. iCloud backups won't restore to earlier versions, including iOS 8.0.
- Download the file below that corresponds to your device:
- Select the file you just downloaded by doing one of these in iTunes:
- Mac: Press the Option key and click Check for Update.
- Windows: Press the Shift key and click Check for Update.
The Health app won't work in iOS 8 after these steps. It will be fixed in our upcoming iOS 8.0.2 software update.
- Press Update to install iOS 8 on your iPhone.